Tuesday 15 September 2009

Blue Christmas

With all the Birthday frivolities over the weekend and the bump to earth on Monday morning, I forgot to show you my sample (only one so far - the other is work in progress!) for the brand new download from Funky Hand!

It's a Christmas themed wordbook called Blue Christmas and it is a great fun wordbook! You could actually use it for those difficult male cards too as some of the papers are quite generic, which is great news as it means it is so versatile!

You get all the letters of the alphabet including numbers 0 to 9, an extra set of the alphabet and numbers in a different colour font (if you want to overlay them) and also 4 backing papers.

The hardest decision for me was what Christmassy word I could use!! I ended up going for Frosty purely because of my neglected Sizzix snowman die could get used!

I printed the letters off in the default setting on my computer (click on the image you want and then click on the print icon) and then used the A4 papers to print on the reverse. I've dotted around the edges of the letters with a silver gel pen and punched some snowflakes from shiny blue card (I knew I'd find a use for it one day!) and silver card then added pale blue gems to their centres.

I cut Frosty from hammered white card and paper pieced his hat and scarf from offcuts from the word book. Edges have been lightly inked and a bit of glitter glue was added too!

I'm in the middle of making another sample from this collection, so as soon as its completed and photographed, I'll share it!
Come back and visit me tomorrow as Anice didn't only just release this Blue Christmas word book, but another Christmas themed one too! So I have a sample of that to show you tomorrow too!
  • Backing papers: Blue Christmas word book from Funky Hand
  • Dies: Sizzix Snowman
  • Punches: Snowflake
  • Everything else: My stash

2 comments:

  1. Oh Ruth Gorgeous wordbook Love your sizzix snowman he looks fab ( I have him somewhere in my stash will have to get him out)
    Fab colours makes me hope we'll have some snow this year!
    Wonderfully created as always
    Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning as always ruth and I love that cute frosty with his googly eyes....big hugs kath

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!