Saturday 29 November 2008

Wizard of Oz

It's Funky Daze again! This is the first card I made with the papers and it was a custom order from a lovely virtual friend for one of her real friends (if you see what I mean!) Clare wanted a Birthday card with her friend dressed as a witch from The Wizard of Oz and wearing the ruby red slippers, and I could add anything else witchy that I wanted.

So, the yellow brick road was added (it has been chalked but doesn't really show up too well in the photos), some spiders and bats (yeah for Asda at Halloween!), silver cobwebs and a bubbling cauldron.
The dress has been layered so it is a bit more partyish although, again, it does not show on the photos, and it has been hand drawn and cut too.

The ruby red slippers have been cut from very glittery red card and again don't really show in the photo. The papers are Saturday Shopping (what else?!) from Funky Daze and I've edged the card with lovely velvet black ribbon which I found in my stash.

The sentiment tag has been cut from a Sizzix oval tag set, stamped in gold with a mini Studio G alphabet stamp and the edges have been dotted in gold


I think the card works quite well and I thought I'd try something different hence the double fold thing. I'm sure its called something much posher, but double fold thing it will just have to be until I can remember / find out!

  • Backing paper: Saturday Shopping from Funky Daze
  • Dies: Various Sizzix (person) including Quickutz (hat, broom and cauldron)
  • Sentiment: Studio G mini alphabet
  • Ribbon: From my stash
  • Bits and bobs: Mostly from Asda

PS Go and have a look at Clare's jewellery - it is stunning!

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment!