Tuesday 25 November 2008

Funky Daze is Launched & Happy Birthday Anice!

A big Happy Birthday to Anice the creator of Funky Hand and the Design Team boss! Hope you have a lovely day - the sun is shining and its a crisp morning - perfect!!


I can now reveal some examples that I made in preparation for the launch of Funky Daze - which coincides with Anice's Birthday. Funky Daze is the seventh cd in her collection (geddit - Daze - Days?!! Clever eh?!) The other cds are The Funky One, It's Funky Too, Yule Be Funky, Funky Seasons, V Funky, Now That's Funky and now Funky Daze. All with fantastic paper collections with co-ordinating alphabets, digital ribbons, sentiments and backing shapes. Funky Daze has scrapbook pages within the extras.


All the papers are from Funky Daze with added embellishments. This first one is Ruby Tuesday with added lime green ric rac ribbon and a slightly glittery gold star.





This one has used Son Day papers and I've used the backing tags from my Cuttlebug Baby Face alphabet set and have attached them with eyelets. The buttons and ribbon are from my stash. All edges have been lightly inked with Chestnut Whispers.



The Saturday Shopping collection is probably my most favourite and I've used it a few times already - more examples to be revealed later in the week in detail but you can get an idea if you look in the gallery for the cd on the Funky Hand website. The card below uses 3 of the papers plus some pale pink vellum and ribbon. The fastener is Queen & Co - I finally broke the seal on the little pot after looking at them for quite a while! The handbag is a Sizzix die and the handbag opens.


DIY Dad uses wire from my stash and some tiny screws and washers that I got when I went to Sams Scrap Store a while ago. The vellum has been Swiss Dot embossed and the paper is from Fun Daze. Letter stamps are Studio G mini wooden alphabet and I've used Whispers Chestnut ink.


And I can't remember which collection this one is from! The clear vellum has been Swiss Dot embossed and I've lightly rubbed Chestnut ink across the top for a bit of a distressed look. Ribbon from my stash along with the gems.


This was a really quick card to make and I think I'll be using this design again in the future!


So you see, I have been busy! I have more examples to show you but will do those on another day!
There are some fantastic card examples by the design team on the website - and I hope they inspire you!

4 comments:

  1. Oh these are absolutely gorgeous!! I ordered the Cd last night! I can't wait to receive it after seeing your fabulous cards!

    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the squares and buttons! I love them all!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are all great Ruth
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the birthday wishes and thanks for the fabby sample cards for Funky Daze they are brilliant!!
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!