Wednesday 26 November 2008

Anice, Funky Daze and Being 40

Here is the card I made for Anice for her Birthday. It was a special number, so special card was called for a special person! On the new cd - Funky Daze there are word books. Basically you print off the letters you want, put them together so that the letters show and bind together. I love the idea of word books but sort of did my own thing....
All the papers shown are from the Saturday Shopping collection, which, I must say, is my favourite, especially the swirly one. So I've used it liberally on this card!
I've used word art on word to create the numbers which I have cut by hand and embellished with gems and green ric rac ribbon. I found a fab pen in Asda which went well with the colour scheme, so decided to add it to the front of the card!


I nicked the photos of Anice from her blog! Handwritten sentiment and I've used my fancy scissors for the edging.

And Anice is a fan of Twitter, so I devoted a page to it! Made up some quotes which then had vellum overlaid to give a bit of depth. And it just so happened, there are 'tweet' papers on the CD - how apt!!

The back page has quite a bit 'going on'. There is Funky Towers, or at least how I think it looks (the photo doesn't show it too well as its cut from very shiny silver card) I made a tv with Anice 'appearing' on it. I gave Anice a very glittery and glam green dress and matching shoes! The tv opens to reveal Anice....

... holding a pair of scissors, cutting some paper and in the other hand holding a selection of Saturday Shopping papers.


And you can see what is on tv - either Funky Hand or Ideal World (as she's on there from time to time and will be again in the near future!) I made a little holder for the sign which is not in use (they stick with Velcro)

To keep the pages together, I've used eyelets and then threaded some funky black fibres through to tie them together.

Happy Birthday Anice and thank you for such wonderful papers!

Prior warning - you'll be seeing more of Saturday Shopping as I love it!! The papers that is, not actually shopping on a Saturday as its too busy....!

6 comments:

  1. fantastic card, no wonder she loved it
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great card and as such has found it's way over to Cuteable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just stunning Ruth, no wonder Anice was bowled over by it, all that detail and special thought that went into it, makes it very special indeed
    hugs
    En x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Ruth - you've done it again...beautiful keepsake and no wonder Anice loved it.
    Hugs
    kath
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this card Ruth. As I've already told you..it made me cry when I opened it!!
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, this is fantastic, love it!!!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!