Saturday 8 November 2008

Happy Birthday Kath!

It was Kath's Very Special Birthday yesterday - the big 60! And, well, for such an occasion a lot of ribbon is called for and a card to fit it all on! So I made her this (be warned a bit picture heavy!):

All the writing is done by my own fair hand (my handwriting isn't quite like that but I've tried to do it in a doodly way)
And bits of glitter have been added here and there! Photos are from Kath's recent Fiskars demo which I snaffled from her blog!
You'll have to excuse the hand for a prop but the card wouldn't lie flat for me to take a photo! And for those who have young children - from which programme does the above quote come from?!

And at the Fiskars demo extravaganza, it was noted that Kath wore slippers (which fell apart) so I imagined them to be fluffy bunny ones.....
A little bit of glitter in her hair and on her nose....


And her crafting Buddy!


Sorry he looks a bit cross-eyed on this photo, just unfortunate how the eyes had settled!


And the last tag comes out of the pocket

To say which papers I have used!



A very Happy Birthday Kath!!

  • Backing papers: Pink Collection from It's Funky Too from Funky Hand
  • Dies: All Sizzix
  • Punches: Martha Stewart dotty one
  • Foam flowers: Made by me
  • Ribbon: All from my stash and Blackburn market
  • Other Bits: Heart paperclips from Paperchase, gems and brads from my stash

5 comments:

  1. This is fanbloodytastic Ruth!

    I have to say though - how busy are you going to be? Do you know how many FH birthdays are coming up?? Everyone is going to be expecting this now!!! PMSL!

    Great stuff :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Ruth for this gorgeous keepsake...it has been so admired by everyone who has seen it...and yes it is festooned in the most gorgeous of ribbons...and can I answer the question...the quote is from "Bob the Builder"
    Hugs
    kath
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this gorgeous card Ruth, and great news about being Novembers guest designer :-)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is soooo great Ruth- em I have two crafting buddies mind now!!!!!hehe
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fabulous Ruth, saw it on the FH DT blog, and just had to come over and say a public WOW.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!