Friday 28 November 2008

Fabulous Flowers - Blooming!

A new challenge for me is Dotties World. I've always had a look but not been able to enter as I didn't have any of the images, but as Guest Designer for November on Daring Card Makers, I got the opportunity to play with some images for my very first DCM challenge - how good is that?!

There are some fantastic images and I love them all - especially the ones which are pre coloured as it saves so much time.

Anyway, the challenge this week is:


I want you to make something (it doesn't have to be a card) and embellish it with flowers of some description. You can use flowers in your image or in the pattern on your paper but there must still be a flower(s) forming the main part of the embellishments, it could be silk or paper flowers, brads, buttons you get the idea right?

So here's what I came up with


I just love this Dottie image and thought that the 'blooming' would work well! It is a pre coloured image, the edges of the image and card have been shaped with a edge shaper punch (how I used to manage before I got it is beyond me!) All edges have been inked in blue. Backing paper is from the Son Day collection from the very new Funky Daze cd. The flowers are made with vellum which have been printed on with papers from the Son Day collection. I've used one of the flower dies from my Cuttlebug Baby Face alphabet die set and the layered flower I've simply pinched the petals together to give it a 3d effect.

The 'things' poking through the centres of the buttons are tiny shards of vellum as I thought the button holes looked a bit empty! I've hand written the sentiment.

  • Backing papers: Son Daze collection, Funky Daze
  • Image: Pre coloured from Dotties World
  • Dies: Cuttlebug Baby Face alphabet die to cut the flowers
  • Ribbon: Dovecraft green grosgrain
  • Buttons: From my stash

4 comments:

  1. LOL--Blooming appropriate!! The Dottie image works perfectly with the papers and the challenge. A great card!

    love Dingle.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, love the colours and your blooms look beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow how beautiful! I really love the way you've done those flowers. Welcome to the World of Dottie, we hope to see you back again really soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!