Saturday 1 November 2008

Birthday Cards for a 16 Year Old!

Two Birthday cards commissioned by Lisa for her son who is 16 today! He plays the bass guitar and also likes Queen hence the cards!

The guitar is from my own template, but influenced by Jo Kill in a recent Papercraft Inspirations magazine. The backing paper is Funky Hand from Its Funky Too cd - is funny how I've never really noticed this colourway before, but when searching for a particular background its amazing what I find on the cds!! The stars are brads and I've threaded some brown ribbon through. Sentiment is handwritten and attached with a funky brad.

The Freddie Mercury little person is available to buy from my website and I made the rest of the band specifically for the card. All the album covers have been added as the background and then laminated, however one album is missing - prize if you guess which one!
Happy Birthday Conner!
  • Backing paper: It's Funky Too by Funky Hand (Guitar)
  • Dies: Various Sizzix
  • Brads: From my stash
  • Sentiment: Handwritten

6 comments:

  1. They are great! I was telling Matt about the album one with the little people on and now I'll be able to show him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool are these cards! They're brilliant! My Dad is a big Queen fan and I was brought up with Queen always playing so I should know which album is missing but..I don't!
    I'll be back to find out the answer!
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow these are fabulous love your templates and the paper used is fab perfect for the guitar and the Queen card is wonderful!

    Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a brilliant guitar card and love the Queen one with all the albums covers...show know this one...a big fan of Queen...may be back when the little grey cells kick in.
    Hugs
    kath
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Conner loved the cards - totally blown away by them might be better. He keeps going back to the queen one to see the album covers saying, I've got that one, not got that one!!!

    Thanks again.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. great cards, they will love them
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!