Saturday 22 November 2008

Pink & Glittery Christening

My Mum asked me to make a Christening Card and I needed some inspiration! So the 2Sketches4U challenge was just what I needed! This week it is Laura's turn and here is her sketch:






A basic white square card with the same card embossed with my new D'vine Swirls Cuttlebug folder (it screamed 'buy me!' when I walked past it!) and I've lightly chalked over the top of it with pink chalk - you just can't see it too well on the photo but I have, honest! The bible is a die cut that I've had in my bottomless box for ages and I knew that it would come in handy one day! I've also used some liquid pearls (they also screamed at me to buy!) to highlight the bible as it looked a bit flat. This is attached to a transparent vellum panel with non-satin (there is probably a better word for it, but my brain is just not working!) pink ribbon from my stash threaded underneath.
And because I'd cut the ribbon a little too short, only a one looped bow could be made. The sentiment has been cut using my Baby Face Cuttlebug alphabet die set and from baby pink pearlescent card.
Nice and simple, but I like it!
  • Embossing: Cuttlebug D'vine Swirls
  • Dies: Cuttlebug Baby Face alphabet set
  • Ribbon: From my stash
  • Other Bits: Liquid pearls for highlighting and pink chalk on the embossing. Bible die cut from my stash

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the white:)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. very delicate looking Ruth, lovely
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just lovely Ruth, I always find Christening cards really hard, you've inspired me - again
    hugs
    En xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautitul, so soft & pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just lovely! So perfect for the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the embossing!! Great job with the sketch!

    ~Lea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its beautiful. Love the elegance of this one. Hope you are keeping well too
    Hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! So delicate looking!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks lovely...really pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet card...love the soft colors!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a beautiful card so soft and delicate perfect for a christening

    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!