Thursday 27 November 2008

Vellum Butterfly - Tag You're It!

I've not managed a Tag You're It challenge for a few weeks, so time to make amends! This week it is a sketch:I've been asked for a Birthday card with a butterfly, so I thought this would be perfect! Sorry about the fuzziness of the photo - my husband is in charge of photo taking during the week as daylight does not extend beyond my working hours. He's just got in a bit too close for the photo and not used the macro setting....


The butterfly has been cut from 3 shades of vellum - deep purple, lilac and clear. Silver seed beads have been added to the body and I've made the antenna from silver wire. The backing paper is Dovecraft Amethyst collection 6 x 6 which I really should use more often as it is really pretty paper! Sentiment is computer generated and has been layered with the same card as the tag (which I found in my card tub - I think it came from Lynsey as I don't remember buying it!) And the eyelet is from the generous Kath!
I will add the tag to a card as it would look a bit daft just as it is!
  • Backing paper: Dovecraft 6 x 6 Amethyst papers
  • Dies: Sizzix Butterfly
  • Other Bits: All from my stash

6 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous Tippy!!!! It is just 'me'. I love it as I love all your toppers and work!!! Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautifull...love the colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaah I love purples!! and this is so beautiful - your butterfly is just gorgeous, I have those papers too and like you should use them more too!


    Thanks for joining us this week

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the butterfly - the entire tag is really eyecatching - thank you for playing along on TYI this week.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so pretty, what a lovely take on the tag

    sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful I love the beads and wire added

    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!