Friday 15 July 2011

Polkadoodles Challenge 28 - Summer

Welcome to another Polkadoodles challenge! Already we are upto week 28 which means we are getting closer to Christmas! But this week the challenge is all about summer!

I've made two sets of simple notecards with summery images! Both sets use the Sundae of Season's cd and I used the cropping tool on Adobe to select the area I wanted to print. And then repeated the image onto a sheet of A4 card so I could cut it all out as one. The beach huts fit 3 to a sheet of A4 and the kits 4 to the same sized sheet. The trickiest bit was doing the measuring to make sure that all the cards were the same size!


I've doodled a line around the edges of each card and used buttons from my stash. The button twine is from The Ribbon Girl.
I had a great time choosing which buttons to go with each set! The kites show off three of the colours in the kite with the beach huts going for a pearlescent or white button.

Good luck with the challenge - closing date is Sunday 24 July at 12noon GMT and please remember our rules!

My cards fit the following challenges:

Crafts and Me: Summertime
Divas By Design: Pastels (beach huts)
Papertake Weekly: Hot colours (kites)
Party Time Tuesday's: Blue Skies and Sunny Days
  • All images: Sundae of Seasons cd
  • Button Twine: The Ribbon Girl
  • Everything else: My stash

7 comments:

  1. What beautiful notecards .. and you know i love beach huts lol
    So pretty.. love the simple designs
    Thanks for joining us at Divas by design this fortnight
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! LOVE these! Just my style...think I may be 'borrowing' these designs! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous summery designs. I love both the beach huts and the kite.
    Thanks for sharing these with the Divas for our pastels challenge.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ruth.. great take on the challenge this week .. love those little beach huts too..
    you are so organised making all those cards.. i really need a few time management tips from you, I'm useless ..lol !
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your cards are so simple yet very clean. I found your blog from another site and am now your newest follower. Please stop by and say HI. Traci

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fabulous Note Card Sets! The summer colours are gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining us for our Blue Skies and Sunny Days Challenge at Party Time Tuesdays this week. Good Luck.

    Danie - PTT Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely card. Love the colouring! Thanks for playing at Crafts and Me. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!