Saturday 9 July 2011

Glazed Turkey

I know it is July but you really do need to be thinking ahead to Christmas! The Card Patterns sketch challenge just screamed Christmas and turkey to me when I saw it! Dude Time Doodles are sponsoring this week's challenge and I've used the Turkey Lurkey image, coloured with Promarkers.

For the winner of a challenge, a $10 gift certificate will be awarded from Dude Time Doodles - so you have to enter!

I've used one of my Nesties as a template to draw around as I wanted the image more oblong than square.

The brads are from my stash and the snowflake embellishment was a lot plainer before I got my glitter glue out - its from a set of parcel stickers from Marks and Spencers (makes a change from the Poundshop!) and I've had them a few years - bought in the January sales of course!

The papers are all from a wonderful download from Alison Sloan called Sweet Cookie Christmas and I've created pleats with the papers to give it a tablecloth kinda feel!


I'd like to enter the following challenges with my card:

Cardmadfairy's Digi Day's Challenge: Digi and an animal (well, it used to be!)
Crafty Catz: Vintage
The Poodles Parlour: Birds Eye View (a turkey is a bird!)
Craft Us Crazy: Christmas in July and Vintage
My Time To Craft Challenge: A La Carte (food)

  • Image: Turkey Lurkey from Dude Time Doodles, coloured with Promarkers
  • Papers: Sweet Cookie Christmas from Alison Sloan
  • Everything else: My stash

16 comments:

  1. You can never be too early to start your Christmas cards Ruth & this is a cracker! (pardon the pun lol)
    Hope you're having a great week.
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ruth this is fab!
    The image has been coloured beautifully.
    Hope you are well.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pleated paper at the bottom and the plaid pattern. Great take on the sketch. So glad you could join us on Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is adorable! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This makes me hungry for turkey! I may have to get a small one and roast it instead of waiting for holidays. :-) Love the way you did the tablecloth -- very effective. Fabulous !

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, I was more thinking of a live animal, but still great card! lol
    thanks for joining in at CardMadfairy's Digi Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks good enough to eat. Love the pleated paper for your tablecloth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your card. It makes me want to start Christmas card making now. Your color combo is right on.

    Thank you for joining us at Craft Us Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun card- it is too hot here to think Christmas....LOL Love your great card- love the pleating and brads!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, just right for our challenge this week, love the pleated paper. Thanks for joining us at MTTC this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there,
    Such a Fun card!!! Made me chuckle when I saw it... Love the image, the dp's, the colour scheme. Love the layout and the embellishments. Coloured beautifully. Thanks for joining us at The Poodle Parlour and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
    Hugs Jacqui xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job on your turkey card! Love your originality & design.
    Thanks so much for joining us in our "Christmas in July and/or Distressed/Vintage” challenge at Craft Us Crazy and hope you will join us again!
    Huggies ~
    Sharron♥
    Craft Us Crazy DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh - makes me hungry! Your card definintely has a homey, comfy feeling - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. SUCH a great take on the CP sketch - I love those pleats and your delicious color work! SUCH excellent use of the CP sketch - we are delighted to have your work in the mix this week ! THANKS, again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lol....your entry into our Pets/Animals challenge this week at Cardmadfairy Digi Days.....just cracks me up. You are so right it. :-) This is a wonderful card and great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  16. great card thanks for joining us at poodles parlour this time
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!