Friday 15 July 2011

Get Funky Challenge - Boys, Boys, Boys!

It's the fifteenth of the month and that can only mean that it is time for another Get Funky challenge! I am your hostess until 14 August and the theme for the month is:

Boys, Boys, Boys!

Remember, you can make anything you want as long as it fits the theme and that you've used at least one Funky Hand element in your creation. If you're not the proud owner of anything Funky Hand then fear not! If you click here you will be taken to the download section on the Funky Hand website where there is a freebie for the month and the best bit is that it fits with my theme!

I'm actually combining the challenge theme with the boy's Birthday's which are both early September. So at least I know I'm organised for that part!

I've made two word books. Jacob's uses papers from Now That's Funky (a steal at £7.99!) and I've made the letters using wordart. The stars are from the current funky freebie and I've added glossy accents to them. The raffia is from my stash which I've had for about 2 years and I sort of refound it when looking for something else! I think there are 10 different colours in the pack and probably 5 metres of each and all for 99p!!

Samuel's is in a similar colour theme and this time I've used papers from Funky Daze (again at £7.99!) and also made the letters in wordart. He's got tiny star punches all over his.

I do like making wordbooks and I find that once I start making them I can't stop! And because I don't (yet) have a bind-it all machine, I have to be inventive with how I attach the pages of the word book to each other!

Hope you can join in with the challenge - the winner gets a download of their choice and the closing date for entries is 14 August - so a whole month to get creating! Good luck!

My cards fit the following challenges:

Shopping Our Stash: Out With The Old or In With The New (mine is the very old variety!)
Ladybug Crafts Ink: Summer Birthday's
KB Challenges: Something Cute
Unstampabelles: Celebrations (wonderful challenge and this will be my last entry!)
Pile It On: Favourite Technique
Pink Gem Challenges: Let's Hear It For The Boys


  • CD's used: Funky Daze and Now That's Funky from Funky Hand plus the funky freebie for the month
  • Letters: Wordart
  • Everything else: My stash

10 comments:

  1. these board books are great...i love way you did them up! great to see the way you are using your stash...thanks for playing with the sos this week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant projects! I love them!Thanks for joining us at LCI this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful word books...those papers are terrific. Thanks so much for joining in all the fun of our Celebration challenge at Unstampabelles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic projects you've created! Thanks for joining us at SOS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great word books - love your colour combinations - perfect for boys ;-) Thanks for joining us at UnstampaBelles. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. One great thing about this hobby is the re-discovery of stuff while searching for something else! Love how you've used the raffia!

    Thanks for joining us this week at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such great projects and fabulous colours! Glad you could join us this week over at SOS (Shopping our Stash)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great books! Perfect for boys! Thanks for joining again in our first challenge over at Unstampabelles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great books, hope your sons enjoy them! Thanks for playing along with us at LCI!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!