Thursday 21 July 2011

Digi Doodles Guest Designer for July - Clean & Simple

This is my second contribution as Guest Designer for July for Digi Doodles Shops Best Challenges and this week the challenge is:

Clean and Simple

I've used the wonderful Special Delivery digi stamp and coloured him with Promakers plus a little glitter glue on the icing on the cupcake.

I used a roll of double sided tape for the shape as it was the perfect size and I deliberately had the leading foot coming out of the shape. A little bit of inking around the edges and I've dotted a line around the edge of the card and image shape. The red card is from my stash and I've had it for ages! It's the sort of card that never seems to get less and I'm sure the sheets I have are secretly multiplying!

Hope you can join in with the challenge this week - good luck! For more details, please pop over to the challenge blog and see the Design Team samples!

My card fits the following challenges:

Clear It Out Tuesday: Anything Goes
Incy Wincy: Black and White and One Other (mine is red)
Our Creative Corner: Photo Inspiration and no Printed Papers (red building as my inspiration)
  • Image: Digi Doodles, coloured with Promarkers
  • Everything else: My stash

16 comments:

  1. Hi Ruth, I love this card and your colouring of his apron is perfect. I find colouring with red so difficult.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a funny looking chef. My son-in-law is a chef, but not working in the business right now, and this reminds me of him (not his looks - lol). You did an awesome job with your coloring. Hugs, dj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great CAS card Ruth - I love this image and you have coloured him perfectly.
    Hugs
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this card. I love how you have the stamp stepping out of the circle. That really gave it some depth.

    Well done!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great CAS card. Love your coloring. It's perfect!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Ruth, please hop over to my blog, you will get what I hope is a nice surprise :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic job on the apron. Fun image too and layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card and perfectly colored. So glad you are a guest designer with us at Digi Doodle Shop's Challenges
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. fab colouring, love the foot stepping out x Debbie DDSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card again Ruth, LOVE IT :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. He is adorable Ruth and makes for a striking card. Your colouring is just perfect.
    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a fun image! Great job on the challenge, thanks for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ruth, I have to go get this image! He's fabulous. Terrific coloring. I adore the simple design. Very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous CAS card.The red is really striking and amazing colouring too.Glad to have you with us this month .
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Please forgive my late comments hun, it was such a poorly household last week in our house. Love this CAS card so much!
    This is one of my all time favourite images and one of the very first ones I ever bought. :0).
    Hugs. Karen.xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh what a great image, love it!
    Thanks for joining us at Clear IT Out

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!