Sunday 24 July 2011

Fungi

I had an interesting conversation with the boys about this card. They wanted to know what I was doing so I explained that mushrooms are also called fungus or fungi if there is more than one. And if you say it differently it could also be a fun guy.

I think I lost them after mushrooms. Although Jacob did come back over to the table a while later and said that he understood my joke but he didn't find it funny. I said that when he was older he'd find it funny. "When I'm 6?" Possibly not.


Anyway, its for the Tiddly Inks challenge which asks for a:

Nature Inspired Film or Movie

Are you ready for my rationale?! Alice In Wonderland. And these do look very Burtonesque!

Coloured with Promarkers plus dabs of glossy accents on the spots. Layered onto spotty offcut from Funky Hand - Rainbow Polkadots download plus black and red card from my stash. Sentiment is computer generated.

I must admit I did have a giggle to myself when I decided on this particular image and the film reference!

My card also qualifies for the following challenges:

CES Challenges:
Funny / Humour
Send A Smile 4 Kids Challenge: For The Boys - Especially For a Teenager
If The Shoe Fits: Ruby

  • Image: Tiddly Inks, coloured with Promarkers
  • Sentiment: Computer generated
  • Papers: Spotty from Funky Hand, rest from my stash

11 comments:

  1. yup- you are right- probably takes a little older "fun guy" to get the joke- but it is a fun card for a boy! Thanks for joining us at Send a Smile 4 Kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiyah ruth!! oooh this is a fab card, bless the boys, i guess it didnt give them mush- room for their imagination....:) totally love it, the reds are gorgeous. thank you for joining in with our nature movie challenge over on toddly inks hugs Lou xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep .. it's a 'fun guy' card all right.

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card, love the movie reference! Great reaction by the boys to your joke! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pun! Your thinking about movie reference makes perfect sense to me. However, since I'm known for my somewhat oddball humor, you may not actually take that as solace. LOL Love the coloring and the CAS design. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great sentiment! Love it! Made me giggle! Great creativity. Thanks so much for joining us over at the SAS4Kids. Good luck and I hope you will come back and play with us again!
    Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous colors!!! I love the CAS layout!!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your coloring is fantastic and really makes this card beautiful! I know what it's like to be explaining something to your kids and they just get a glossy eyed look!! LOL - love the sentiment!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol, great card,Thanks for taking part in this weeks CES Challenge!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  10. great CAS card! my daughter didn't get it either, but I think it's fabulous! thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! Your card was named one of the Top 3 at the Shoe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!