Tuesday 12 July 2011

Scraps and More Bling

Yep, another Christmas card and another of the Christmas decoration stars which were a donation from Lynsey! I've used up some of the offcuts I have from making my own card blanks and have cut them into squares, rounded the edges, inked them and then embossed them with my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder. I have a huge pile of these offcuts and keep thinking that I will have a marathon stamping session and get them all used up (plus use the stamps that rarely see the light of day!) but that's not yet happened!

I've strung seed beads, sequins and various silver and clear beads onto some craft wire and secured the corners with some silver brads. The wire has been doubled so when there is movement of the beads it doesn't look too bare.

This fits the following challenges:

Card Cupids: Monochromatic
Christmas Inspirations: Monochromatic
Jingle Belles Rock: Holiday Leftovers - Use Your Scraps
Crafty Pad: Lots of Texture
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge: Spots or Dots
Christmas Stampin': Metal
Winter Wonderland: No Red and Green

  • Embellishment: Donation from Lynsey
  • Everything else: My stash

14 comments:

  1. This is such a classy card - I love the design - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 28 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous creation and love the colour choice, thank you for joining us this week at the Winter Wonderland. I have candy if your interested.
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am loving all your bling at the moment, I do like a bit of sparkle!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it love it love it!
    Thanks for playing at The Crafty Pad this week for our textures challenge!
    Good luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible bling! Love all the texture in the embellishments. I never seem to think about wire on my cards. Must get that into my head and do some of it. This is such a fantastic inspiration for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sequins & beads & brads ... oh my ... what an elegant holiday design ... so glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo look at you go Ruth, another stunning Christmas card!
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. what an utterly ♥BRILLIANT♥ use of those "offcuts" of paper!!! i love everything about this fun and fabulous design! of course the spangly star is awesome, but i think my favorite bit are the festive strings of beads, i just ♥LOVE THEM♥ to bits!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, this is really GREAT! Love how its so CAS yet full of texture! Thanks for sharing another creation in THE CRAFTY PAD 'Texture' challenge this week! Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad they are being used :) I would never have thought of coming up with something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card. Love the star.
    Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week.
    Hugs Sally xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the beads! Thanks so much for joining us for our "heavy metal" challenge over at Christmas Stampin All Year Long!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for joining The Crafty Pad this week in LETS SEE LOTS OF TEXTURE challenge!

    Your creations is stunning.:)

    Maggie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely LOVE this card!!! I haven't seen one with that type of beading before, and I love it (especially the way you attached it with the button brads)! Beautifully soothing colors as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!