Friday 21 August 2009

Polkadoodle Challenge 14 - Sketch

Yeah, it's Friday again and that can only mean another Polkadoodle challenge! This week the Design Team were given this sketch and asked to use the Candy Doodles cd. I do have my favourites on the cd but decided to use something different, hence the strawberries!

I've flipped the sketch as sometimes things work better for me in landscape. All the elements you see are on the cd but the little strawberries on the green backing paper I created all by my little self!

Basically, I copied one of the single strawberries, flipped it around in Windows Photo Editor (basic program on your computer) and then randomly added it all over a sheet of Word. I then changed the angle of the strawberry and did it again. Really quite simple! I then printed the word document out on a previously printed green background.


The big strawberry has been sploshed with liquid pearls (I found them in the back of my craft drawer as I'd forgotten I had them!) and I've slightly decoupaged it too with the stalk.


A bit of doodling here and there plus a bit of light inking and that's it! Quite an easy and quick card to make!
If you missed Nikky on Create and Craft earlier in the week, you can still catch a repeat - it's on at 11am on Sunday channel 671 on Sky and you'll get to see the unveiling of her new cd Jingle Jangles. Some really good projects are included within the cd and some stunning papers too!
Hope you can join the Polkadoodle Challenge this week - for more details and how to enter click here - you have until noon GMT on Sunday 30 August to enter. Good luck!
  • All paperbased elements: Candy Doodles cd from Polkadoodles
  • Other bits: Liquid pearls and a black thin pen from my stash


5 comments:

  1. Yummy, fresh card!!

    Sunny greetings,
    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely summery card, and the greeting is perfect.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is yummy and I think I need a tutorial on using Photo Editor..wouldn't have a clue...big hugs kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya,
    Those strawberries look ready to eat!
    I have something for you on my blog.
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those strawberries are great - love the added seed detail - just a brill card - yum! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!