Thursday 20 August 2009

Here Comes Summer! Or - Was That It?!

Just about managed this one in time! The current Stampin' Chic challenge is:


Colours of Summer


I've even gone for a summer theme too! And have taken the photos outside! It was a bit windy so had to be quick hence lack of 'photo styling'! I've used a template that I think I drew myself, the bikini has been cut from paper from The Big One and I've just inked the edges, added two brads then the ribbon, the flower and the sentiment is a freebie tile from a magazine ages ago which I've made into a necklace with some seed beads.

And the reverse of the card is the bottom half of the bikini! Simple and quick to make, although it took me about 4 nights to complete it!

Thank you Clare for the lovely stamp set you sent me as my winnings from the last challenge - it really cheered me up after a bit of a rubbish week! I am feeling much better now - I ended up relenting and going to see my GP who has prescribed me antibiotics for a nasty chest infection. So it looks like I'll still be able to strut my stuff with my boys on the dance floor at my cousin David's Wedding over the Bank Holiday weekend! Yeah! Bet you'd pay to see those photos eh?!
  • Template: Mine
  • Papers: The Big One - Clare Curd Signature Range
  • Everything else: My stash

9 comments:

  1. Hee Hee what a 'cheeky' card! Love It!
    Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hihi... this summercard is just great!!!!!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab idea and card...!! love it!!
    Thanks for joining us again!!
    regards
    Jan..xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. heehee fab card chick, very funky! glad to hear you've got some antibiotics, hope they clear it up quick. and yes I would pay to see those pictures!!

    lotsalove

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is just soo much fun!! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehe they always make me smile
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this card Ruth....always makes me smile and yes we would pay to see you strutting your stuff...hope you're feeling better...big hugs kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fab fun card!Thanks for playing along.
    Hope you're all better soon!
    hugs amanda x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!