Tuesday 25 August 2009

B is for Buttons

The ABC challenge this week is:

B for Buttons

This did actually start of as the entry for the previous week which was A for Animals, however time was not on my side so I didn't get it finished, so adapted it to fit this weeks challenge!

As there has been a bit of a birthing explosion amongst the staff at nursery (two down, two to go!) and the last two will be girls, I thought I'd better make a start on their cards.

All paper elements are from Polkadoodles - Candy Doodles cd including the birdie. I cut the birdie out, layered the wings and added some fancy tail feathers with some little buttons I found in my stash.


The round button letters I printed as A5 size rather than the standard A4 so they would be small enough for the card.


I've added some wire legs to the birdie and that's it - all completed! I have made another similar card which I'll show tomorrow. The hardest bit was making the legs and gluing them to the card!

9 comments:

  1. Oh this is really really sweet...the colours are so subtle but perfect..

    hugs shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!WOW!...Sooooo cute!!!!! Lovely work, so creative!!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is just brilliant!! what a great used of buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Ruth - how on earth DID you get the legs to stick!
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How gorgeous is that bird! So tweet and very clever! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo cute, love the birdie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fab - love the buttons on the tail!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely card
    thank you for joining us on abc this week
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!