Saturday 22 August 2009

Crafty Downloads - August Challenge

I've a little bit of delayed news to share! I've been asked to be part of the Crafty Downloads team - I entered the July Challenge and was approached once it had closed! I was also the joint winner for July! It's a very new Challenge blog and the August challenge is only the second but you do have a month to create your entry!

The rules are simple - to follow the challenge for that particular month and to use a Crafty Downloads product. There is a freebie which was offered for July which can be found here - so no excuses not to join in!

The challenge for August, in celebration of Scotty's new baby boy is:

Birthstones

Mine is April which is diamond, so I've used Rainy Day Molli and the raindrops I have converted to little tiny diamond gem stones. The spotty backing paper is a freebie download which was created by Kirsty Wiseman but offered for a limited time through Crafts Beautiful. So I was quick off the mark to get this one!

The pale blue backing paper is an offcut from a previous project and is from Now That's Funky. Ribbon is from my stash and I hand wrote the sentiment.

I've coloured Molli with watercolour pencils and she is lovely to colour too - really easy shapes and not too much detail.

So why not pop over to Crafty Downloads and have a go at the monthly challenge? I know there is not much left of August, but September is only around the corner and you get a freebie to work with!

5 comments:

  1. Woohoo, big congrats Ruth - so well deserved. Love your card and very clever how you used the gems to become the correct gem stone.

    Lou
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! great news! not surprised you were approached your colouring is faberooney! :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love thise little gem raindrops! They work really well.

    Hugs,
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is lovely and you attention to detail with the raindrops is fab as always! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!