Friday 14 August 2009

Polkadoodle Challenge 13 - Two Folds

It's Friday again! And it's another Polkadoodle Challenge! This week the Design Team were challenged to make a card with two folds.

I've printed directly onto my cardstock - white double sided hammered white card, and I've used Sugar Birdies for the lovely swirly leaf design. I decided to be a little monochromatic and then realised it needed some colour so along came the big bloom!


I've used my own template for the handbag - it actually opens out fully so that a message can be written inside. I lightly inked the edges with my trusty yet fading black inkpad and then added tiny seed beads around the edges for some interest.

I added more to the centre of the flower which has been made from printing the flowers onto paper (the bottom layer) and then vellum (subsequent three layers) and slightly curling the edges.


The handle has been made from thick silver wire which I curled around a pen. To make it the right length, I carefully stretched it, making sure I kept the curl. I've added seed beads again but they are loose and move around on the wire.
Are you upto the challenge? Click here to be taken to the challenge blog where you can see the rest of the DT's examples and also enter. You have until Sunday 23 August to enter!
  • All paper based elements: Sugar Birdies cd
  • Template: My own
  • Wire and beads: From my stash


8 comments:

  1. This purse is cute enough to carry about! Wonderful project. Love the way you did the handle and the flower is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is fabulous....love the vellum flower and all those seed beads...why can't I buy a handbag like this....have a great weekend...hugs kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!!! this is just sooo amazing and stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this Ruth. Yeah I saw this morning that I won, so already emailed Nikki, can't wait to get my blinkie! and my prize of course.
    :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this is gorgeous hun, love the big bloom's splash of colour :o)

    lotsalove

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I borrow this Ruth and have you got a pair of shoes to match lol ?


    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh this card would be perfect for me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh hun love the flower on you handbag its stunning

    hugs shell xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!