Sunday 9 August 2009

Buttons!

Sometimes when I see what the challenge is, I immediately know what to do! Crafty Creations challenge this week is:

To use Buttons


I used one of the backing papers from the Funky Freebie which celebrated the launch of Get Funky Challenge blog. I drew a fine black line around the edges of the card stock and also the backing paper and sentiment. The ribbons are all from my stash (the green one frays like mad so I had to seal the ends with glue!)


The buttons are also from my stash, the fabric one with embroidered heart was sent to me in a button swop earlier in the year by Jacqui. The sentiment is stamped with a new stamp I bought - 4 for 99p!

And I've used my nestie die to cut the shape for the sentiment. I sort of had a bit of a different idea in my head for this card and it didn't quite turn out that way. But its not too bad overall!

  • Backing paper: Funky Freebie from Funky Hand
  • Buttons: From my stash - heart embroidered button from Jacqui
  • Ribbon: From my stash
  • Sentiment: Anita's stamp
  • Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities


5 comments:

  1. Really like this card- elegant I would call it - fab! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great buttons, love that paper too
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  3. great buttons, love that paper too
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute!! I love the button/ribbon treatment. So happy you played in the challenge!!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you love buttons as much as me so this challenge must have been a god send! You have a great way of attaching your buttons that I have repeatedly tried to 'borrow' and I just can't pull it off.
    Fab card by the way!!
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!