Monday 31 August 2009

Gift Wrapping

The current Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge is this lovely sketch combined with a colour challenge:


And here is my creation! All the papers are from Now That's Funky from Funky Hand and I printed them off as an A5 size as I wanted a smaller pattern, the image of Gift Wrapping Sarah-Jane is from Crafty Downloads and I coloured her with watercolour pencils.



I've inked the edges of all the paper, rounded them too and added a fine doodled border. The card candy has also been added along with the ribbon. I was going to add a sentiment but decided to make a feature of the bow instead!

I enjoyed this sketch and hope to complete more in the future!

7 comments:

  1. wow Ruth this is gorgeous....love the image and beautifully coloured....ties in perfectly with those fabby papers....big hugs kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is just really sweet! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent job! Great take on the sketch, and wonderful colouring too!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling card!! I love the image and colors that you used. We appreciate you joining us @ SSW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful. Your colouring is great..I think I'm going to have to ask you for some tips as I'm pretty pants at it!
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!