Thursday 6 August 2009

Summer

It's been a while since I managed a Penny Black challenge, so I was doubly determined this week to make sure I made a card! The theme is:

Summer

I used a portion of a sheet of 8 x 8 paper that Jozza sent me absolutely ages ago and I've not used (looked at it a few times and then put it back!) And funnily enough, the flowers are also from Jozza too! The brads are mine and so too is the ribbon.

A fairly quick card to make - quick water colouring of the image and then layered onto some golden yellow card then onto the actual card, added the flowers and ribbon and that's it! Oh, I doodled a black line around the outside of the card and image because it just needed completing. The image, I've not got a clue what it is called, but it is from the batch I bought ages ago from ebay - pre stamped and probably highly dodgy.

Hope this says 'summer' to you!

  • Printed backing paper: From Jozza ages ago
  • Plain card: From my stash
  • Ribbon: From my stash
  • Flowers: WHSmiths via Jozza
  • Brads: Papermania

5 comments:

  1. beautiful summery card ruth but are they sheltering from the sun or the rain....love that image..thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...Hugs Kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love these little mice!! I like that you did a longer card with this! Very springy~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo cute those mice - lovely! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh soooooooooo cute love it!!!

    hugs shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant summer card - love the cute micey image, your colouring and the pretty paper. Thanks for joining in this week's PBSC
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!