Monday 24 August 2009

Shiver Me Timbers!

Another fortnight has flown by and I enjoyed the sketch from my fab Funky Hand DT mate Carol! This was a quickish Birthday card to make - Samuel has been invited to a party on Wednesday, and its fancy dress. I think a pirate theme, but Samuel is going as a Knight. Complete with wooden sword. Ever the rebel!


Anyway, all elements, with exception to the twine and card candy were recent freebies from Papercraft Inspirations. Unfortunately, not downloads but physical freebies, which is a shame as I'd have liked more!! I inked the edges of the card and then doodled a line around the edge. I cut out the two swords, pirate and parrot but left a thin white border around them so they would stand out a little from the busy and bright backing paper. They were all added with 3d foam pads.

I wrapped the twine around the card and then tied it off with a bow. A bit girlie, but I decided that pirates needed to know about knots and such like. Added the card candy, and that's it!

I've still got a few more of the pirates left. They were supposed to be decoupage images, but me being a miser, decided that I'd get more if I just used one layer. Not sure what I'm going to do with the armless pirates, but I'll think of something!
  • Images and backing paper: Freebies from Papercraft Inspirations
  • Twine: From my kitchen
  • Card candy: Craftwork Cards

3 comments:

  1. It may have been quick Ruth but it's a fab card! The backing paper is great and the lil' Pirate is rather cute :) Thanks for joining in the fun and i hope Samuel has a great time on Wednesday....

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo arrrrr!!! this is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pirate look fab with the wrapping of string! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!