Tuesday 4 August 2009

The Time To Be Happy

At long last I get to use one of the Stampin' Up images that Jan sent to me a while ago! The Stampin' Up challenge this week is a sketch:



I liked the sentiment and thought that the card needs to be bright and cheerful too! The backing paper is from Funky Daze with the panels coming from my stash - I honestly don't know where I got the stripy one from but it must have been a download.

I've inked all the edges and then rounded the panels. I forgot to tie the ribbon around them before I stuck them down, so had to cut tiny slits to feed the ribbon through! Doh! Will teach me to concentrate instead of watching Yes Minister!

I cut the quote out, lightly inked the edges and then layered it onto some red card - it didn't look right just as a whole circle, hence why I cut it out.



Thanks Jan!

  • Spotty backing paper: Funky Daze
  • All other backing paper: From stash
  • Sentiment: Stampin' Up - Garden Whimsy from Jan
  • Ribbon: From my stash

3 comments:

  1. You're very welcome & I love what you've done with it - fab card! Just love the colours together.

    All the best

    Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very zingy - love the colours and the round corners. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bright, colorful card. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!