Tuesday 30 September 2008

A Very Pretty Friday Sketchers - Challenge 21!

And another challenge! This time it is the Friday Sketchers Challenge 21 which is:

I've not used my watercolours this time - instead it is the turn of the watercolour pencils! I wanted to use the flowers (Prima Esprit) which I got as part of a subscription offer to Papercraft Inspirations so decided to base the colours around those. The backing paper is Dovecraft Amethyst 6x6 which I bought ages ago (probably because it was on special offer at £1.99) but have not really used, but the layout of the sketch made me have another look and I think the pattern lent itself well. The green block is some old posh writing paper that I've had since I was 15 (so yeah, quite old!) and the pink is vellum.


All edges including sentiment have been inked in pink. The sentiment is another bargain Studio G clear stamp from a girly pack.





  • Backing Paper: Dovecraft 6x6 Amethyst
  • Other Papers: Green textured writing paper and pink vellum
  • Image: Tilda coloured with watercolour pencils
  • Sentiment: Studio G clear stamp
  • Flowers: Prima Esprit
  • Ribbon: Dovecraft grosgrain
  • Brads: From my stash (probably Dovecraft)

8 comments:

  1. What a pretty card! Gorgeous papers and the image is coloured beautifully. Jillix

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty, love the flowers
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely card Ruth - love the soft colours and great colour work on your image...love it
    Hugs
    kath
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card. All of your work is so neat and soft. Just the way I like them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous!
    I love your composition.
    Fantastic colours and beautiful flowers.
    Thanks for your participation FS.
    Hugs Mumur

    ReplyDelete
  6. Très très belle carte, tendre

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty, pretty card. Lovely subtle colouring, and - hey - what a great stamped image!! ;o) Love your colouring, as usual.

    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!