Monday 8 September 2008

Cute Card Thursday - Pretty In Pink!

And how about this for a cute pink card?!

The Cute Card Thursday Challenge at the moment is:

Pretty In Pink

We would like to see lots of pink on your cards


For some strange reason there are a lot of birthdays in September for which I need to make cards for! And I am determined to have them ready before I need to post them! This card is for one of my oldest friends (she's not old, just we've known each other since about the age of 10) and for her youngest, Isobel who will be 1 at the end of September.

It's based on a card design that I have made before, but I bought a batch of the embroidered buttons from Incy Wincy Stitches a while ago with the intentions of using them on special numbered cards.

The pin wheel has been made from a template traced onto pink vellum and then the corners of the sails have been glittered, as have the edges of the card with silver glitter glue. The pink organza ribbon is from my stash and the sentiment is computer generated.

Ok, so not lots of pink, but it's subtle and it's pink!!

  • Paper: Pink Vellum
  • Ribbon: From my stash
  • Button: From Incy Wincy Stitches
  • Other Bits: From my stash

6 comments:

  1. beautiful card, love the windmill, thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely and girly love the pinwheel
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card Ruth - love the pinwheel and that cute button in the centre....and of course that beautiful ribbon.
    Love
    kath
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I like this - very pretty :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!