Tuesday 9 September 2008

Friday Sketchers Challenge - Sketch 18

This weeks sketch on the Friday Sketchers Challenge # 18 is this:

And here is my interpretation! I always seem to make girly cards, so decided to have a change! The papers are all from the Masculine Dovecraft 6x6 collection that I bought ages ago and have only used once or twice. I've inked the edges of the card stock and papers with blue and black inks and added the gold stars (which are supposed to be table confetti!) and the sentiment which is a peel off, and layered the Penny Black image with 3d foam pads.

The image has been coloured with my watercolour paints.


  • Backing papers: Dovecraft Masculine Collection 6x6 papers
  • Image: Penny Black, handcoloured with watercolour paints
  • Embellishments: Table confetti plastic gold stars

11 comments:

  1. This card is great Ruth. You are so good at colouring your stamped images..I really need to make more of an effort!
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colours and that is one of my favvy stamps
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute and I think this is my favourite PB image...don't have it but must get it.....love the blue and brown colourway
    Love
    kath
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. forgot to say - what NO RIBBON...
    Kath
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card and cute image. Thanks for joining us at friday sketchers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!! I am happy you enjoyd this one. Think you "mens"card is really great, you can do that more often ;-)) Great colors and colouring. Thanks for playing with my sketch at FS!! Love from Holland,
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! YOu made a cool masculine card with this week's sketch!
    And the masculines are always the hardest to make I think;)
    Thanks for joining in!
    Hugs
    Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woof woof! I love that stamp - one of my faves :o) I have those papers too and I love em!

    Fab card :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card! Great papers and such a cute stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, Ruth! And as has been said, your colouring skills are a cut above!

    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!