Wednesday 17 September 2008

Penny Black Challenge - A Mans Card But NO BLUE!

For the Penny Black Saturday Challenge this week, the brief is:

A MANS CARD BUT NO BLUE
As it would happen, I have quite a few off-cuts lying around and as I don't like waste, I used them! Both papers are from the same colour collection by Funky Hand - Now That's Funky cd. I've added a bit of doodling to the edges of the papers, lightly inked the edges of the image and card and added some Ellison die cuts to tie in with the golfing theme.
The sentiment has been stamped using the little alphabet set from Studio G (got the lining up a bit better on this one!) Image has been coloured using watercolour paints.

Backing papers: Now That's Funky cd
  • Image: Penny Black, painted with watercolours
  • Sentiment: Stamped with Studio G tiny alphabet set
  • Dies: Golf by Ellison

  • 9 comments:

    1. I love those PB Hedgehog stamps so cute! Lovely colouring of the image Ruth you'll have to give me some tips I'm pretty poor at colouring!
      A mans card with no blue to a tee! (HaHa!)
      Anice xx

      ReplyDelete
    2. fabulous take on the challenge Ruth - love the image, great colour work...can Anice and I come to your colouring class....I thought I recognised the papers right away - thanks for playing along at PBSC this week
      Hugs
      kath
      xxxx

      ReplyDelete
    3. Ruth, this is fab!! Err.. it's not a comment on my present medical condition, is it?? ;o)

      Chris xx

      ReplyDelete
    4. I love this card, the Penny Black hedgehod image is soooo adorable. Hugs Linda x

      ReplyDelete
    5. ooh I do like- cute little hedgehog
      AllisonX

      ReplyDelete
    6. This is really lovely, I love the stamp! Another one for my wish list!

      Mrs Wonka x

      ReplyDelete
    7. Gorgeous colouring of this cute little stamp, I love the papers too! Thanks for joining in!

      ReplyDelete
    8. Absolutely fab! That image is the bees knees and you've coloured it so well! Wow - stunning hun!

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for your comment!