Sunday 28 September 2008

Carol's Sketch 4 & Cute Card Thursday Lots of Sparkle

Combined two challenges into one for this as it sort of happened as I went along!

My Funky Hand DT team mate Carol's 4th fun sketch is:

And the Cute Card Thursday challenge is:

Challenge 29
This week the theme for the challenge is Lots of sparkle!
You can add bling, glitter, baubles, stickles, anything that makes your card sparkle!

Well, I'm still on a bit of a Christmas kick right now, so decided to go with that theme! And the baubles fitted right in! The baubles are made from a template I drew myself and they have been cut from some lovely silver thick card from the Scrap Store (I only picked up a few pieces and now I am kicking myself as they are fab!) which was then run through the Snowflakes Cuttlebug embossing die.

The baubles have been edged with 3d glitter paint, with ribbon around the top and for the loop and I've added fringe fibres and threaded beading for extra detail. Both the backing papers (left over from a challenge last week) are downloads from Mad About Cards, and they have been inked in blue before layering.


  • Backing papers: Downloads from Mad About Cards
  • Embossing: Cuttlebug snowflakes folder
  • Ribbons & Fibres: From my stash
  • Other Bits: All from my stash


6 comments:

  1. Ooooh that card looks great - love the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, the embossed baubles look wonderful. Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. great take on the sketch Ruth and love the baubles. the glitter..the sparkle and the bling
    Hugs
    kath
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the embossing looks on the silver card! Thanks so much for joining in, good luck for the draw :)

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card and fab big baubles
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  6. How artistic and creative too. These ornaments are wonderful and i love what you did for the ribbon and the bling.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!