Monday 29 September 2008

Sketches by Tamara # 63 - And It's Not Festive!

This is such a pretty sketch this week on Sketches by Tamara. But I really had to think about what I was doing with the flourishes on the sides! I really wanted to make a Christmas card but it didn't really lend itself, so alternative strategy was put in place!

I knew straight away how I was going to create the semi-circles around the edges - my large heart punch and I've used a purple vellum and lightly inked the edges in black. The sentiment has been computer generated and layered. The buttons have organza ribbon threaded through and tied - the buttons point two different ways so that the ribbon is more flourishy.

I had to take the photo at this angle as it looked really flat head-on. Plus I had a three year old trying to see what Mummy was doing so I had to accommodate his requests! So that is why the sentiment looks a bit lop-sided but it isn't in real life!
  • Backing papers: Lilac paper, purple vellum and deep purple card all from my stash
  • Sentiment: Computer generated
  • Buttons: From B&M Bargains
  • Ribbon: From my stash


4 comments:

  1. Just beautiful. I love the vellum hearts they are so effective!
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is lovely Ruth, great ribbon and buttons
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I really want to try this. i love how you did the buttons. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. another stunner....how simple but very effective.
    Hugs
    kath
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!