Wednesday 23 March 2011

Not Quite As Quick As I Thought Bookmark!

It's been a while since I joined in with the Delicious Doodles challenges and again this is one that I knew exactly what to make when I saw the challenge theme:

3 Dimensional Project

So here is a bookmark! I know, not very exciting, but I do like making them (or maybe its just the laminating bit I actually enjoy!) and they always seem to go down well at Craft Fairs and the boys like them too!
This one uses a Delicious Doodles image that I've had for a fair while, and she's been coloured with Promarkers. I have snipped the hair pin bits off as they were a bit fiddly. I don't know where the paper came from as it was in my box of bits (see - I am trying to use it all up!) and I've folded it over so its double sided.

I used one of my Nesties for the shaping - simply drew around it and then cut it out. A bit of doodling and inking around the edges and then I laminated it all. The colour in reality is a lot closer to the backing paper, but at 6:15am this morning it was the only chance I got to take a photo!

The bookmark actually took a lot longer than I thought to make it - hunting through the box for the right bit of paper and then trying to make it look right as with straight sides, it just didn't work! And I got engrossed in an episode of MASH!!

  • Image: Delicious Doodles, coloured with Promarkers
  • Paper: Don't know

5 comments:

  1. absolutely fantastic...
    Thanks for joining us this week at Delicious Doodles challenge blog hope you join us next week!!Hugs ..Anita..xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Bookmark and the way you shaped the edges using a Nestie is inspired! I love watching Mash, I love the dry humour and I think the writing is very clever, I always end up getting sucked in especially when they have a Mash weekend!
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shape for your bookmark! The digi is so beautiful!!

    Thanks for joining us at Delicious Doodles!! Good luck!

    Sunny greetings, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooo gorgeous, I love the simplicity of it and yrou colouring is fab!

    Thanks for playing along with our 3D challenge this week at Delicious Doodles.


    Keryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant bookmark hun!
    Thank you for playing the 3D challenge at Delicious Doodles this week, and good luck!
    Hugs,
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!