Wednesday 25 March 2009

Sketch and a Birthday

Decided to combine two challenges with the one card as I liked the layout for the Sketch and Stash challenge and also the Daring Card Makers challenge, plus I needed to make a card for my cousin Claire who has her Birthday at the end of March.
The sketch is:
And the DCM dare is:
I want the focus of your cards to be the girls. It can be any style, any theme, and any recipient - as long as she is female.
All the backing papers are from the Funky Hand element (Boys and Girls) of the Craft4Charity cd plus the flower has been printed onto vellum and I've used one of the shapes from the Cuttlebug Baby Face alphabet die set to cut it. A pewter daisy brad attaches it to the card. I've inked all the edges with pink and fading black ink to give a bit of definition.
And the stamp is a new purchase (I now have 6 of these!) and it's from the Smirk collection. To be honest, I didn't actually choose to buy the stamp; husband and I were in The Range looking for a black rubber mat for the back of his car so boxes did not slide all over the place, and I had a quick walk through the craft section. He picked this stamp out of a bin thing and commented that it was nice and did I want it? How could I say no?!!
The sentiment is a Studio G acrylic stamp and I've coloured the image with watercolour pencils and added a bit of glitter glue on the two glasses.
So Claire, if you've read this then expect it on your doormat very soon! And a Happy Birthday too!
  • Backing papers: Boys and Girls from Craft4Charity cd
  • Image: Smirk, coloured with watercolour pencils and a bit of glitter glue
  • Sentiment: Studio G acrylic stamp
  • Dies: Flower from the Cuttlebug Baby Face alphabet set
  • Brad: From my stash

7 comments:

  1. love it hun, the colours are very funky :o)

    lotsalove

    Amanda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A real 'girly' card!! Lovely colours!!

    Greetings,
    Saskia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, the colours are great & I love those Smirk stamps

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fab card, I love the image. :)

    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Very much I have read your blog! Its lovely. Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great hubby! And it all makes for an absolutely awesome card

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant card Ruth, great take on the sketch! I love the funky colours you've used!
    Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Sketch and Stash!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!