Thursday 26 March 2009

Christmas Cards All Year 'Round Challenge - March

I know, Christmas cards in March! The monthly challenge on Christmas Cards All Year 'Round is:

Since this is the month of the lucky leprechauns and Spring I thought it would be fun to create an all (or mostly) green Christmas card and include some kind of leaf on it. (for eg. a holly leaf)


This time I decided to try and make 5 similar cards but to use the holly leaf as the main focus. The holly is my own template cut from a lovely green card that has flecks in it. I've chalked it and then inked the edges in black. A little bit of glitter glue was added to the tips and also the centre of the leaves. The berries are card candy with a large dollop of red glitter glue!

I've printed directly onto the card stock again (makes life soooooooo much easier!) and I've used Big Mini Dots download from Pink Petticoat - there are actually two shades of green that I've used as I wasn't sure which one I liked the best.

I've doodled around the edges. I started using my trusty thin marker but that gave up on me so then used two black gel pens - one was glittery so there are subtle differences. And the ribbon is from my stash - it was wired but I took that out.
Sentiment is an acrylic Studio G stamp.

  • Printed directly onto cardstock: Big Mini Dots download from Pink Petticoat
  • Leaf: My own template
  • Card Candy: Craftwork Cards
  • Sentiment: Studio G acrylic stamp
  • Ribbon: From my stash

9 comments:

  1. Good idea... starting making X-mas cards already!!!
    These cards are really beautiful!! Great work!!!

    Greetings,
    Saskia

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh these are lovely Ruth
    your cricket things went in the post yesterday- hope they arrive safe and sound
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are gorgeous and your doodling is fabulous!

    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I likey very much...just my kinda card....absolutely gorgeous
    Hugs Kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh these are great hunni! love them

    lotsalove

    Amanda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. From a distance the cards look like they have been sewn round the edges - they look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Wow Wow these are lovely I still need to do mine a few days before the end of the month

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so great. Lucky you to be way ahead of the game with Christmas cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so pretty, I wish I would have thought of making my own holly leaf, dahhhh, thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!