Saturday 14 March 2009

How To Use Denim!

Another week and another challenge on Dotties World! Now I liked this challenge as it meant I could use the freebie from the new collection - Holly and Madison's World Tour! The challenge is:

Get the feeling!!!!!
I would like to see some kind of fabric incorporated in the card or item, it could be felt, ribbon, lace, cotton etc and of course a Charmed Cards and crafts download.

The backing papers are from the recent Crafts Beautiful magazine - I downloaded them and the 4 papers printed onto 1 sheet of A4 card but I've only used two of them. To be honest, I could not resist the gaudy paisley pattern but knew that the Holly image would look good with it! The image is pre coloured and Ive inked the edges and also chalked the background to soften it a little.

And I've used some denim off cuts and stitched them to the card, slightly randomly, as you can see! The button is made by me from fimo and has seed beads stuck into it.

  • Backing paper: Freebies from Crafts Beautiful
  • Image: Holly freebie pre coloured
  • Button: Made by me
  • Brads: From my stash
  • Denim: Samuel's old worn jeans

5 comments:

  1. Great combination of texture, colour and detail to make a fabulous card - perfect for this image!
    Juliet xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great card, I love the brightness of it and the use of the denim fits so well with the image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh how fab! What a great idea to use denim with that image, you clever thing you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah! I love this card - the denim is fantastic, as is your button (will have to try that)...great!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and a wonderful way to recycle too! Perfect!

    love Dingle.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!