Sunday 15 March 2009

Spring Is In The Air!

The Cupcake Card challenge this week is:

Spring

And I've just about made this one in time! My original plan went very very wrong so was scrapped (it really was that bad and a big disaster!) so plan B. The backing paper is Basic Grey Sultry (generously donated in a mini stash swop by Jozza) and the bits I've not used I've kept. A little bit of it has been stuck under a round clear dome sticker to make the centre of the flower as the titchy maroon brad looked a little lost!

The maroon backing card is from my stash so too is the ribbon (which was 10p for around 4 metres from Blackburn market). And the layered flower are two Prima's and were free from a website in the USA.

Although you can't really see it, I've inked the edges with my fading black ink pad.

Inspired by the cherry blossom trees near where I work which will be coming into flower in the next couple of weeks.

  • Backing papers: Maroon card stock from my stash, patterned paper Basic Grey Sultry (from Jozza)
  • Flower: Prima freebies
  • Ribbon: From my stash (Blackburn market originally)

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment!