Tuesday 10 March 2009

A Patchy Thank You

The Daring Cardmakers Challenge this week is:


"... a 'patchy' one.Yes, that's right - I want you to be inspired by patchwork and make a patchwork looking card. Great chance to use up scraps of off cuts - or buy some new papers if needs be! Any theme as long as it is patchwork inspired."



I made this whilst half watching Shameless that we taped so consequently I was not paying enough attention to the spacing nor how straight the blocks were! Well, they are not that wonky, and don't actually look too bad from this angle.

Anyway, the squares have been cut from left over bits from Funky Daze. I've rounded the edges and then inked them. The flowers have been cut with the Cuttlebug Flowers die and the centres are card candy from Craftwork Cards. The sentiment was from a pack of stamps and other bits - and I can't remember the manufacturer as it conveniently does not have it on the stamp.

I liked making this card, and think I will probably make some more using up the little bits of paper that I seem to have lying around...

  • Backing paper: Funky Daze by Funky Hand
  • Sentiment: Don't know manufacturer
  • Dies: Cuttlebug Flowers

5 comments:

  1. Lovely card, great way to use up scraps too - ooh I feel a patchwork card coming on!

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a scrumptious card - love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous card Ruth and just goes to show what you can do with itty bitty scraps Hugs Kath xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, Ruth - I do like the rounded squares

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card. :) Its amazing how many cards we can make with our scraps! :)

    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!