Tuesday 3 March 2009

Cute Elephant for a Baby Boy

The Cute Card Thursday challenge this week is:

Animal Magic

I needed to make a new baby boy card for a friend who has recently had a baby (congratulations Philippa!) and I drew inspiration from the current issue of Papercraft Inspirations for the shape of the elephant. I drew the elephant freehand onto some thick scrap card which I then used as a template. The main body is cut from funky foam and the gingham backing paper and ear was a download from the magazine.

I cut the frame with a Sizzix scalloped oval die with the outer part run through the Swiss Dots embossing folder. All the edges have been inked with a bright blue pad. The ribbon is from my stash, the little brad and button were generously sent to me by Enfys. I've also dotted the edges of the card with a pale blue gel pen.

I used the remaining scalloped oval parts to make another card but cut the elephant in white foam. And now I think I'll make some in pink!!

  • Backing paper: Download from Papercraft Inspirations
  • Dies / Embossing: Sizzix Scallop Oval and Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder
  • Ribbon: From my stash
  • Brad & button: From Enfys

3 comments:

  1. oh this is just super cute...love it
    Hugs Kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! Love the sweet elephant and the gorgeous gingham!
    Thank you for joining in the CCT challenge! Debx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card - perfect for a new baby boy! Your friend will love it. Thanks so much for joining in with Cute Card Thursday. Lol Lynn ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!