Saturday 21 March 2009

Pink, Spots and My Buttons

The Challenge on Pink Elephant this week is to use

Buttons
I'd made the little flowers (used one of the free templates from Simply Cards and Papercrafts magazine) with Funky Daze backing papers, inked the edges and then cut the petals deeper but then decided that the buttons I was originally going to use just did not look right. The pink was too pale and the buttons were too small.
Then I remembered I'd made a batch of fimo buttons a few weeks ago (I've not yet got round to blogging the photos I took of all of them - how bad am I?!) so used those!

They are a bit rough and ready but I like the quirkiness of them plus I'd pushed some pink and silver seed beads into the fimo before I baked them.

The flower stems are a swirly flourish set of clear acrylic stamps from Studio G. And that's it! Really simple - and I do like cards that happen that way!

  • Backing paper: Funky Daze from Funky Hand
  • Buttons: Made by me
  • Flower template: From Simply Cards and Papercraft magazine
  • Stamps: Studio G acrylic stamp set


9 comments:

  1. loving this one Ruth and love the buttons on the flowers...they look like little cute faces.
    Hugs Kath xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card! I love how the flowers come above the top edge! Thanks for joining us at TPE this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous flowers Ruth, they remind of the flower that used to be on The Flower Pot Men (kids programme years ago...think you're too young to remember it!) fab buttons too, thanks for playing...

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your fimo buttons - they look great.
    Thanks for joining us at the Pink Elephant again - it's really great to see people joining in regularly.

    Ann xxx
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very pretty, I love how you did the flowers at the top of the card and added the buttons in the center.

    Thanks for joining us at TPE!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card! I love those flowers. Thanks for playing along with us at TPE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love thiscard its so pretty and fresh looking and you fimo buttons are fab!

    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very darling!! Love the flowers and buttons you made!! Quite creative!!

    ~Lori R (TPE)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!