Wednesday 18 March 2009

Cakes at Tea Time

The Tag! You're It challenge this week is:

Time for tea!
So here is what I made! The cupcakes have been cut using free templates from a recent craft magazine (I can't remember which one - sorry!) but I cut them slightly larger than the pencil line. The papers are still off cuts from Huge Funky Love (I can't bear to throw any papers away!) and I've inked the edges in Chestnut Whispers ink and also a little pink ink pad.
I bought some clear / iridescent glitter glue over the weekend which adds a really nice touch to the top of the cupcakes!
The tag is a super sized Sizzix Scallop tag which has been cut from lightly hammered ivory card, edges inked again and I've chalked it too as it was a bit stark. Sentiment is stamped with Whispers Chestnut ink and I've used my little wooden Studio G alphabet stamp set. Ribbon from my stash.
The little cupcakes were really easy to make so I think I'll be attempting these again!
  • Backing papers: Huge Funky Love
  • Template: Freebie from a craft magazine
  • Dies: Sizzix Super Sized Scallop tag
  • Sentiment: Studio G mini wooden alphabet stamp set
  • Ribbon: From my stash

9 comments:

  1. love it hun, looks scrummy :o)

    lotsalove

    Amandaxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya - I think these templates are the ones in this month's copy of Simply Cards and Papercraft - Issue number 56. Yummy aren't they! And I love what you've done!

    Di

    ReplyDelete
  3. A real Yummy tag!!

    Greetings,
    Saskia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow this is so pretty.
    Really gorgeous Tag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yummyilicious tag and love those cupcakes.....good enough to eat...great take on the challenge and ....thanks for joining in the fun this week at TYI
    Hugs Kath xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag and those cupcakes look delicious - the glitter glue really looks like icing..

    thanks for joining us this week

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tag Ruth and love how you've used up all your scraps :)

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. scrumptious tag..love those cupcakes..YUMMY

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!