Monday 16 March 2009

Daisy & Dandelion - New Beginnings

Another new challenge site has worked its charm on me and got me entering! This is the new Daisy and Dandelion challenge site - the range has only been launched this month but it does appeal to me for those cutesy cards that I can't always do particularly well!

Their first challenge is:

New Beginnings

I've used one of the stickers from the freebies on the current Do Crafts magazine (you get two sheets worth - who-hoo!) The papers are from Funky Daze and were off cuts from a previous project. The sentiment is a masked part of a Papermania stamp (the 'sweet' bit made the sentiment too big and wouldn't fit on the card!) Both image and sentiment have been layered, corners shaped and inked and then fixed to the card with foam pads.

The ribbon is from my stash and I just could not tie it right so did something else with it - double sided tape and brads hold it together!

I had a little spend over the weekend and a pack of the decoupage from the Daisy and Dandelion range fell into my basket..... Never attempted decoupage before but this looks quite easy as its pre cut and numbered. I was always good at painting by numbers so I think I will be able to manage this! So that means I will be back to do more challenges!

  • Backing paper: Funky Daze
  • Image: Free stickers with current Do Crafts magazine - Daisy and Dandelion
  • Sentiment: Masked Papermania stamp
  • Ribbon & Brads: From my stash

7 comments:

  1. Ooooh... so cute and beautiful!! I also love Daisy and Dandelion!!
    And as I looked around at your blog...Penny Black, Smirk, labels,... all the things I love!! So...I follow your great blog from now on!!

    Greetings,
    Saskia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning, I really like the ribbon down the middle separating it. Thanks for joining ion with the challenge this week, Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card Ruth. I have just started to do decoupage too, I think I am a late developer, never was attracted to it, but now I really like the look.
    hugs
    En xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous creation.
    Thanks for joining the first challenge at the Daisy and Dandelion blog.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww...so sweet.
    love the colour combo
    thanks for join in with us over at D&D challenge
    clarex

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a really lovely card. So glad you joined us and I am delighted you will be back - look forward to seeing your decoupage!
    -x-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!