Saturday 7 March 2009

Cuppa Tea?!

I made these tags quite easily! I'd borrowed the cup stamps from Lynsey (Hero Arts) which I really liked and wanted to use them on something but thought that they may be a bit lost on a card as they are quite small.

I've used Chestnut Whispers ink to stamp them, inked the edges of the card and also chalked them too.
The ribbon is the lovely chocolate brown satin stuff that I bought a huge amount of but I just could not get it to look right or flat enough tied through the top of the tag, so this is what I ended up with - a sort of loose tie-ish look! The buttons were from a lovely bargain pack from B & M Bargains a while ago and the craft wire is from my stash and I've haphazardly curled it. Only haphazardly as I used scissors and couldn't get it the same twice!


And you'll never guess where the backing paper came from! Huge Funky Love download - these are off-cuts from a previous project!
  • Backing paper: Huge Funky Love download
  • Dies: Sizzix Scalloped Tags - middle sized used
  • Stamped images: Hero Arts (stamps kindly loaned by Lynsey - thanks!)
  • Ribbon: Ribbon Oasis
  • Buttons: From my stash but originally B & M Bargains
  • Craft wire: From my stash

6 comments:

  1. Love the brown/pink combination. They're great xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous little tags and I love how you added the buttons...great work
    Hugs Kath xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look really good on tags!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have awarded you the Kreative blogger award for your amazing designs.
    Go to my blog, copy the logo and then share the love! (give me a few minutee though as I'm still writing the post.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the tags are lovely Ruth
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the toppers ! and i adore the wire through the buttons , lovely touch !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!