Thursday 12 March 2009

Using That Last Butterfly

The challenge this week on Tag! You're It is:

Wings


I mentioned on a previous post that I had one butterfly left over from the embellishment pack - and here it is! I still had the off cuts of paper lying around too and decided to be brave and did a bit of paper weaving! I made the tag shape from card and then made the weaving, stuck the finished part to the tag and then trimmed. And inked the edges in pink. Really simple. Surprisingly simple really as I thought I'd have bits of paper falling out all over the place!

The ribbon is part of the huge donation from Enfys (its organza and is rainbow coloured - not stripes but it changes colour along the length) and I've secured it with a brad from my stash.

  • Backing paper: It's Funky Too and Huge Funky Love from Funky Hand
  • Embellishment: Freebie Dovecraft embellishments from a recent Do Crafts magazine
  • Ribbon: Generous donation from Enfys
  • Brad: From my stash

3 comments:

  1. This is ace! I love the weaving - how effective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is gorgeous....love the paper weaving and we are so honoured that you used your last butterfly on your tag...thanks for joining in the fun this week at TYI
    Hugs Kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!