Sunday 19 February 2012

Get Funky Challenge - Flying High

It's time for another Get Funky challenge and my turn to hopefully offer some inspiration! The theme has been set by Allison and it is:

Flying High

So anything that flies as long as you've used a Funky Hand product in your creation! Anice offers a freebie each month to fit the theme and you can find it here.

I've used the Funky Freebie for my background and I've printed it at A5 for a smaller pattern plus cut out random clouds and added them with foam pads. I've used a nestie for the background shape and then layered it with Funky Kraft Stash which also have been used to make the owl bodies.

I used a compass to make the circles for the bodies and then a roll of double sided tape for the bit I've taken from the top to make the ears. The left over bit was then used as a template to make the wings which have been cut from I Heart You papers (printed as 9 to a page of A4 for a smaller pattern).

The owls sit on a Marianne Creatables die (a recent purchase! But bought with Amazon vouchers I hasten to add!) A bit of faux stitching, some wobbly eyes and the card is complete!

Good luck with the challenge - deadline is 14 March so you have almost a whole month to get creating! And don't forget the Funky Hand product!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Alphabet Challenge: A is for Animal Antics
Card Crafter Circle: Dies to Die For
Do You Stack Up?: Layers
PaperCrafting Journey: Make It Cute
Paper Play: Critters
Sarah Hurley Challenges: Die Cuts
  • Papers: Funky Freebie, I Heart You and Funky Kraft Stash downloads
  • Dies: Spellbinder Nestabilities and Marianne Creatables
  • Everything else: My stash

18 comments:

  1. oh i love the fab owls.. must have a go at making them
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love them

    kitten - DYSU team

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love owls! Your card is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Ruth - it makes me giggle! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card....love those sweet guys, and how you made 'em...thanks for joining our challenge at Card Crafter's Circle, and hope to see you in the next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those owls are so cute! I hope you'll link up with me again at 52 Card Pickup this week!!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/02/52-card-pickup-week-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so cute, love the owls.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute ruth! I love those little owls!
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very fun and cute! Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those owls are way to cute. I love that used round things to make them. Very clever.

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  11. Opts, I signed off for the wrong team. I meant Alphabet Challenge Blog

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so cute! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up, hope to see you back next week.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hiya hun love this cute card - great owls you clever thing x
    O and thanks for playing along with us at paper crafting journey & good luck x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely card! Great design,very cute "critters". Thanks for playing with us this week at Paper Play Challenge blog, hope to see you every week. hugs, Frances.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love this card...those clouds are so groovy! Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog; I hadn't quite realized how many of my favorite challenges you are affiliated with! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card, fab owls! Thank you for taking part in the Alphabet's Animal Antics challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card, so cute! Good luck and thanks for joining us over at Sarah Hurley's Challenge Blog.
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, how very adorable..i love those owls!! Thanks for joining us at Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!