Wednesday 8 February 2012

I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings

You know when you think you've not done something and you can't remember what it is? Well, I've had this card sitting in draft in blogger for a few weeks and I should have blogged it before! But at least, better late than never eh?!

All the papers are from the Steam Funk download from Funky Hand and I've added faux stitching and a little distressing plus I've used some inks (but not liberally as they scare me a little!)
The die cut came in the blog candy I won a while ago from Lisa Jane (thank you!) and the chipboard bird I've had in my stash for ages. I've altered the wing by scrunching up a page from a vintage 1950's car magazine and then inking it.

So, that's it! A bit different from my normal makes!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Flourishes Challenges: Fly Away With Me (use a bird)
Anything Goes Challenge: Bingo (Animals, Free Choice, Stitching)
Simon Says: Recipe - Torn Edges, Distress Inks, Wings and Button
Opus Gluei: Birds
Scrap, Stamp and Doodle: Die Cuts or Punches

  • All papers: Steam Funk download from Funky Hand
  • Lantern die cut: Lisa Jane
  • Newspaper: 1950's car magazine
  • Everything else: My stash

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, love the bird theme and the colours, thanks for sharing with us at Anything goes, hope to see you again soon, Gaynor DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the purple color scheme you chose! The distressing around the paper is nice too : )

    Thanks for sharing your creativity at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!
    -Sarah

    For More Opportunities:
    *Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter
    *Like Simon Says Stamp on Facebook
    *Subscribe to Simon Says Stamp on YouTube
    *Follow Simon Says Stamp on Pinterest
    *Sign up for our Newsletter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you have combined different styles, and that is one of my favourite diecut birdies!
    Lovely card, glad you found time to post it.
    Thank you for joining us at Opus Gluei :-)
    Gini
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely colours and great stitched, distressed edges! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp & Show!
    Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I love the birdcage! Thank you for playing along at the FTTC!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!