Thursday 16 February 2012

Scraps and Christmas Bling

I've had a rummage through some of my stash whilst I've been off with the boys (mainly to keep me from going mad as I can't think straight!) and I found a box of very glittery and sparkly Christmas tree decorations that I bought in the January sales last year at Tesco. I had a rummage through my papers too as trying really hard to use up what I've already got printed (cos I have LOADS!) and found these papers from Funky Hand - Funky Christmas Time download.

The main backing paper is actually printed on vellum and I used my mega thin double sided tape to stick it down (bought from Dunelm for 99p a roll!) and then added a faux running stitch around the edge just in case it showed through.

I'm pretty pleased with how this turned out - quick to make and extra points to me for recycling and using up stash!! I love using Christmas tree decorations on my cards and I actively seek out what the shops have and then make notes as to what is where so I can target my favourites in the sales!!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Card Positioning Systems: 5th Anniversary - Day 13
Christmas Inspirations: Anything Goes
Desert Island Crafters - Challenge 25: 2 or more patterned papers; green; sparkle / bling; stitching
Little Darlings: Favourite Embellishment (cheap Christmas decorations!!)
Digital Tuesday: Use Your Stash
52 Christmas Card Throwdown: Colour Challenge - Gold, Green and Red

  • Papers: Funky Christmas Time download from Funky Hand
  • Embellishment: Tesco Christmas decoration

9 comments:

  1. ooh the card looks so elegant and classy ..and a great way to use the decoration.. i should have snapped some up in the sale
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous! Elegant! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Inspirations challenges. Hope to see you playing with us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job using your stash! Thanks for sharing your creation with us on the Digital Tuesday Challenge Blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it! :) That glittery snowflake is a fabulous upcycle, and all that faux stitching is amazing! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fantastic card - love the mixture of paper. Your faux stitching looks great! It's a wonderful idea for hiding something underneath! Your embellishment so striking. Like you, I enjoy recycling and using up stash! Thanks for sharing your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great looking card, love the snowflake
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Thanks for joining us at Desert Islands Crafts itinerary challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card.

    Thanks for joining us at Christmas Inspirations Challenges.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Christmas card! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Inspirations challenges. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!