Thursday 9 February 2012

Retro Vintage

Apologies for the rather rubbish photo of this card - it really does not show it off to its best! I took the photo last night before I went to bed and I had heartburn. Really horrid heartburn. That kept me up most of the night (along with husbands snoring as he has a cold!)



I went to Morrisons on the way into work and bought the biggest packet of Rennie's I could find. So now no more heartburn! Last time I was this bad was 7 years ago when I was pregnant with Jacob! I'm still feeling the after effects from last night but I think its because I was clenching my muscles so much.

Anyway. I've used Cosmo Cricket Circa 1934 papers (can't stop using them!) along with a page from a vintage 1950 car magazine which I've cut with one of my Nesties to make a flower. The 'petals' have been screwed up before gluing to the centre so it creates a ruffled effect. I've added a rather large blingy gem to the centre but you can't see it too well. Ribbon is from my stash.

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Card Positioning Systems: 5th Anniversary - Day 2 Sketch
365 Cards: Day 343 - 2 Mismatched Papers (Cosmo Cricket and Car Magazine)
Crafty Cardmakers: Monochrome
Unstampabelles: Recycle (Car Magazine)


  • Papers: Cosmo Cricket - Circa 1934 paper pack
  • Newsprint: Vintage 1950 car magazine
  • Dies: Spellbinder Nestabilities
  • Everything else: My stash

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card. Love your patterned paper and the mix of elements and designs. Thanks for joining us at 365cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh stunning chick! love it. As for the heartburn....gaviscon is the kiddie and if u keep getting it raise the head end of your bed up. I am a bit of an expert lol

    hugs

    Amanda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card. I love your flower and using a car magzine page for that is a great idea. My hubby has a whole sitting here but I dare not touch them. Thanks for joining in our Unstampabelles recycling challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super yummy, I like alot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heartburn and its coming up to Valentines Day! Hope you are feeling better now. That card is just yummy and I love that paper. The flower is great and what a brilliant idea to use an old magazine page to create it. Thanks for joining us at Unstampabelles this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW. This is gorgeous! LOVE the simplicity of it--but it's got amazing details, too! Thanks for joining us at CCM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderfully stylish card, I really like your flower and the paper is delish. I hope your heartburn is gone for good and you get more sleep!

    Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Feebsy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty card and very neat use of the CPS sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my!! Such lovely papers! I think I need them!! Lovely card - thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmkers!! Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card! Thank you so much for joining in with the Monochrome Magic challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Beth. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card! That flower is pretty. Thanks for joining us at UnstampaBelles.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!