Tuesday 13 October 2009

Glittery Flowers for a Birthday Girl

There was a freebie image of the fairy to help along the October Lily-Boo Too challenge! For their second month it is a sketch challenge:


And I made this Birthday card using papers from Funky Seasons - Cold Snap collection. I've lightly inked the edges in blue and doodled a line around the inner layer and also the triangle shape under the image.

The fabric flowers are from my stash - the hard glittery ones came from a mug swop I took part in - my sender was Sarah (hello!) and they fitted in with the colour scheme perfectly! And I wrote the name in my very own posh handwriting!


The image was coloured with watercolour pencils and the obligatory glitter glue on the wings. The image is quite apt really, as Emily does look a bit like her. Just without the wings. Although, probably as a 4 year old, she will have a set somewhere.


  • Backing papers: Cold Snap collection on Funky Seasons by Funky Hand
  • Image: Lily Boo Too freebie, coloured with watercolour pencils and glitter glue
  • Glittery flowers: From Sarah in a swop
  • Everything else: My stash

9 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card and I love the colours you have used. Thanks for joining us this month at LB
    Max x

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is beautiful, those flowers are great. thankyou for joing us again at lily-boo too!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card Ruth and just love the way you colour your images. Adds real depth.

    Lou
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the lilacs and blues together and the flowers are gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining in Lily-bootoo challenge again this month
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, your colouring is fab, lovely colours. Thanks for using my sketch and entering the Lily Boo challenge. I did wander about that black and white profile pic, it's very different. janex

    ReplyDelete
  6. fab card, love the colours and great use of the free image

    Thanks for playing along again at Lily-Boo

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the colours you used here pretty flowers too thanks for joining us for this weeks challenge
    Rosy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great card! A wonderful take on the sketch and super color choice.
    Thanks for playing at LBT this month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great card and colours
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!