Wednesday 14 October 2009

Ah - Watercolours!

It's time for another wonderful sketch from my fab Funky Hand DT mate Carol! If you've not popped over to her challenge blog before, please do as she offers some great prizes every fortnight to the entrants of her sketches.

Without further ado, here is the current sketch:And here is my card! I've used papers from Papermania 12 x 12 Retro Floral prints stack - the holey scalloped edge piece across the middle was punched with a Martha Stewart punch and then the edges inked.

The image is Penny Black which was sent to me ages ago by the lovely Jozza and I've coloured it with watercolours - oh how I like my watercolour paints!

I've inked the edge with chestnut Whispers and then dotted with a very fine black pen just for a bit more definition. The ribbon is from my stash, and the heart button is Colorbok chipboard sent to me by Enfys ages ago and I've covered it with some of the pink and yellow spotty paper.
Great sketch Carol - look forward to the next one!
  • Papers: Papermania 12 x 12 Retro Floral stack
  • Image: Penny Black, stamped by Jozza, coloured with watercolour paints
  • Punch: Martha Stewart
  • Heart button: Colorbok from Enfys, covered with DCWV paper
  • Everything else: My stash

6 comments:

  1. Really fantastic colouring , you've made this image look so good. It's not always sunny on the wirral. Did you go to Hulme Hall , happy stamper at the weekend?
    Where abouts in Lancs are you from? I was born in St. Helens. janex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww cute mice, lovely card. Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Ruth, those mice are so cute and you've coloured them so well as always :)
    Thanks for joining my sketch challenge...
    Also, i've made a box to fit the cards on my SU blog...hoping to post the details tomorrow :)

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is just beautiful! great colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the watercolour detail and the little button is cute. I thought it was ceramic till I read your description.

    Alison

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!