Tuesday 27 October 2009

Autumn

There is a new monthly challenge blog called Crafty Calendar and their very first challenge for October is:

Autumn

There is also the optional theme of plants and vegetation, which I think I could possibly say that my card depicts this!

The image is a Penny Black which I've had in my stash for some time and I've coloured it with watercolour paints.

I've then layered it onto papers from Now That's Funky from Funky Hand. I've inked all the edges with chestnut Whispers ink and also rounded corners for the image and sentiment stamp.

The sentiment stamp is Anita's which I bought 5 of for a bargain £1 during the summer - all different ones of course, but you can never have enough sentiment stamps (at least this is what I told myself when I made the purchase!)
I'd actually made this card early in October and created the post as a draft, but as I tend to blog at least once a day, it had got pushed down the order, and I've only just spotted it!
  • Backing papers: Now That's Funky from Funky Hand
  • Image: Penny Black, coloured with watercolour paints
  • Sentiment: Anita's with Chestnut Whispers ink
  • Ribbon: From my stash

3 comments:

  1. this is so adorable and I love the circle paper with the dotty ribbon....big hugs kath xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! This image is so sweet and I love the papers you've used! Thanks for joining in with the Crafty Calendar Challenge!
    Georgia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love the papers and you can never go wrong with a penny black image. Thanks for joining in with the first challenge.
    Kim xXx - Crafty Calendar Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!